March 28, 2024, 04:11:08 PM

collapse

* Social Media Buttons

Author Topic: I didn't expect to pay $35,000 for a model 3  (Read 5753 times)

bmz

• View Profile
I didn't expect to pay $35,000 for a model 3
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:59:37 AM »
What interested me in the tesla model 3 in the first place was the self driving capabilities; and I knew the software was an extra cost option. That option on the model S added about 10%; so I expected to pay about $4000 extra for it on the model 3. Other than that, the features which come standard on all other $35,000 cars (power windows, mirrors, seats etc.) would suffice. Accordingly, I expected to pay around $39,000 (maybe a little more, but less than the average Musk expected of $42,000). But if you had told me that it would cost me $49,000 for that car, I would have laughed in your face--that would've suggested that Tesla had been conning us all along--and Elon musk had a much better reputation than that.

There has been only one substantial cost change while the model 3 has been under development--the cost of copper (hence the cost of electric motors e.g. power seats) has fallen about 50%. That is one reason why every other "$35,000" car includes electric seats mirrors etc. as standard. This has been clearly a bait and switch.

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't expect to pay $35,000 for a model 3
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:42:57 PM »
So what is the final cost and breakdown for accessories for your Model 3?
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN when you open a Coinbase account, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account used for Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.