April 18, 2024, 05:46:40 AM

collapse

* Social Media Buttons

Author Topic: CleanTechnica Reader Has Impromptu Discussion With Tesla Design Chief  (Read 3439 times)

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile

What do you do if you're sitting in a hotel lobby and happen to overhear the Tesla design chief on the phone next to you?  You ask as many questions about the upcoming Tesla 3 that he'll permit you to ask of course!  And that's just what Daniel hoffman, a regular reader of CleanTechnica did when he found himself in that very situation.  Daniel could only get a few quick answers out of Bernhard Lee, Tesla's design chief and he was expectedly very tight-lipped but here's how the conversation supposedly went down according to Daniel:

I also asked him if it will be a shrunken Model S, and he said it will be similar, BUT it will have very special design. I also asked if there will be any delay, and he said very firmly “no”. I also asked if the March showcasing is on, and it is (he was surprised I knew the month). Unfortunately he seemed very busy, so I couldn’t annoy him any longer. But it seems that they are not trying to make a cheap design for their “cheap” model. I’m really happy about that, because if I wouldn’t buy a Model S, then the Model 3 is an obvious choice.

And there you have it.  So if the Tesla 3 will have a similar design theme to the Tesla S but with some 'special design' touches, the above and below renderings by Designrm seem spot on or at least close to what we could expect...which isn't a bad thing for the $35,000 Model 3 due to be shown to the public this coming march and available for purchase in 2017.  Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN when you open a Coinbase account, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account used for Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.